Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Strawberries with icecream

Hey everyone!

This weekend I went to Pune on Saturday. Sonia and I went for some shopping (necessary stuf like shampoo, washing powder,...). While we were walking around we suddenly saw a stand with strawberries!!! YES, STRAWBERRIES! Sonia and I were both very excited and we bought 1 kg of strawberries. Then we went to the shopping mall and we bought icecream and we had an amazing diner! (; Strawberries in the winter is something you will only have once in a lifetime (;
(it didn't look this great though)
On 14th Jan there was a Hindoe festival. It wasn't celebrated big in MUWCI, but there were Indians who dressed up for it. I don't really know what it's about because they didn't really celebrate it or exlpain it, but basically wikipedia says: "Pongal is one of the most popular harvest festivals of southern India, mainly Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh. Pongal happens in the middle of January every year and marks the auspicious beginning of Uttarayan (sun's journey northwards). The Pongal festival lasts for four days. Celebrations include a drawing of Kolam, swinging & the cooking of delicious Pongal"
One of the nice things about MUWCI is that at least once a week there is some festival from a certain culture/religion. I learn a lot more from the different cultures and religions than I did in class in Belgium because it gets more personal and you can ask people for their stories and opinions (and those are sometimes so different from what we study).
School started again ofcourse, I'm working hard and I have to admit that I'm a little bit stressed with all the work and the selftaught exams and the theatre season. But thanks to my grandparents, parents and friends on MUWCI I can reassure myself that it will work. It's nice to have them to cheer me up.
Yesterday I slept over at Aishwarya's (in wada 5) and it was very nice. Although I slept on the floor (without matrass) for the first time of my life. She proposed to go because she said: "you're European, you're not used to that" so I wanted to prove that I can do it (;. I slept not bad, but I have to admit that a bed is more comfortable.
I already notice that I lose the courage to write my blog often but I'll try. I remember when I was applying everyone said that you start a blog but you never succeed to keep it for two years. So I'm actually doing a great job.
That was it for today,

XOXO
Pauline

No comments:

Post a Comment