Sunday, March 31, 2013

Holi

Hello everyone,

So as you probably know Holi is one of the biggest Indian festivals. (There are more important ones, but everyone knows Holi). It is the festival of the colors. Now the thing is that there is a huge waater shortage in Maharashtra (the district where I live) and so we, MUWCI-people, wanted to do a dry Holi instead. Usually they throw colored powder and water, but we wanted to just throw colors without water. Now a lot of students said that this would still be a waste of water as we shower much longer to get all the color of our body. That's why we decided to NOT have Holi. I know this might sound sad as it is an experience you have to have in India, but the second years had it last years and the first years, so me, will have it next year. We figured it would be a nice thing to do towards people who don't have the luxury to have enough water as we do. What we will have though is a bonfire where we have coffee, chai, cookies,... and tell stories. This will happen on tuesday, so we will still spend a nice time together. 
So no pictures of Indian Holi this year.. 
Yesterday my sister celebrated her birthday at home so I skyped with my family for a short time. It was nice to see everyone and this way it kind of felt like I was there anyway (: 

XOXO,
Pauline

No comments:

Post a Comment