Sunday, February 10, 2013

The end of Theatre season

Hello there,

Theatre season is over for me! There is still 1 week of plays, but I'm not in those.. Although I loved it and it was really nice to see people enjoy our play, I'm happy it's over. It ruined my social life. All I was doing is rehearsing.. 
Our play was really amazing. We performed Information for Foreigners by Griselda Gambarro. It's a really creepy play about the Dirty War in Argentina. A lot of people who came told us they liked our play the best of all the plays from Theatre Season! Every performance we did there was always at least 1 person crying because it was so scary. I'm really happy that our play was such a success.
Something I didn't talk a lot about yet is college meeting. Every monday from 5pm to 6pm we have college meeting. This is a meeting in which we discuss daily issues we face at MUWCI and we make announcements over trivenis etc. I really enjoy it, we all sit together on the MPH steps and we discuss random stuff. I like it because it's a time that you can just relax and you realize in which awesome community you live. 
Even this week while I was really busy, college meeting gave me the opportunity to do nothing without worrying about all the work I have left. 

Also this week Aishwarya and I started to share our languages. I'm teaching her Dutch and she teaches me Hindi. It's really nice to learn another language and it's way easier this way than sitting in a clas and learning it. I just ask her random sentences that I want to know in Hindi and she teaches me them. This way I learn the vocabulary and I start recognizing the grammar. It's really nice and I hope I'll be able to understand Hindi conversations soon. 

This week made me realize that MUWCI is kind of like a family. As you know I was really stressed, tired and busy all the time. In a normal school people probably wouldn't notice, but here at least 10 people asked me if I was ok and hugged me and everything. It's so nice to get so much love from sometimes random people that you don't usually are really close to. Also MUWCI-people give so much compliments. One day I was very tired and I was rushing to school and on the way someone that I hardly know just told me that I looked good that day. It's really nice to hear such things because it just makes your day. I really love muwci (: 

Lastly, Valentine's day is comming up. We can buy roses for each other and there will be a Valentine's soiree. Everyone is buying flowers for their roommates, friends,... The funny thing is that for the Valentine's soiree many people go with their best friend/roommate/... I'm going with Aishwarya. There will be Valentine games and good diner etc. I think it will be a lot of fun. 

That was it for today, I hope that I'll be able to post more messages from now on because Theatre Season is over (:

XOXO,
Pauline

No comments:

Post a Comment